BUSTING BARRIERS | CROSSING THRESHOLDS | MAKING CONNECTIONS
always growing; on the verge of the next level athletically, personally, and socially
- Inclusive Running Club
- Adults and Youth, ages 7+
- With and without intellectual, developmental, emotional/behavioral, or physical challenges
- All abilities
- Family members, friends, and aides welcome to participate.
- We have limited volunteers to run with those needing a buddy. Families are encouraged to help out where they can.
We are a running club. We hold coached club practices and developmental programs throughout the year where participants train for fitness, for fun, for races, or to prepare for inclusion in school sports. In addition to team practices, members have opportunities throughout the year to participate or compete in mainstream or para events in:
Track & Field, Road Racing, Cross Country, Trail Running, and Team Events
With Verge, participants train in a fun, friendly, educational, and supportive team environment, where they can try new things and push their limits while receiving, through a community effort of member families and volunteers, the individual attention and challenge they need for success at reaching their ever expanding levels of potential.
typical Practice schedule:
to help you prepare your child for what to expect...
- Warm up walk/jog when you arrive
- Drills (as a group)
- Run Workout (break into smaller groups based on age/ability, everyone completes the workout to their own ability, it may be individualized as needed)
Run Segment 1 - Aerobic endurance/stamina (easy to moderate effort) - 1/2 mile to 2.5 miles depending on individual.
Run Segment 2 - Various combo of the following (moderate to very hard effort): Shorter intervals (200-400m), sprints (50-100m), hills, shuttle relays (50-100m), low hurdle sprints/relays (30-100m), grass runs
- Core strength/Motor skills exercises (as a group)
- Stretching (as a group)